B-Side Downtown Jewellery Festival in Amsterdam.
download B side Festival Poster
* “A-MUZE” - If you’re looking for refreshment for your eyes, taste and mind, you’re more than welcome to visit us and our creations, exhibited spectacularly at the Muzenplein 2. A picturesque and breathtaking bridge house, built in the style of the ‘Amsterdamse school’ in the beautiful south of Amsterdam.
Fanny Agnier, Bas Bouman, Yu-Chun Chen, Jantje Fleischhut, Ursula Guttmann, Jeannette Jansen, Zsolt Kamaras, Beate Klockmann, Gitte Nygaard, Ulrich Reithofer, Nina Sajet, Philip Sajet, Cay Schröder, Q Hisashi Shibata, Dana Seachuga, Wouter Nieuwendijk
at Muzenplein 2 - open thursday-sunday 14:00-20:00
* We are very happy to announce you that the well-known jewellery artist Ruudt Peters is showing Lingam at B-side Festival. You can visit his works in an installation at Stout, Berenstraat 9 in Amsterdam between the 4th. and the 7th. of November.
Ruudt Peters - Lingam 1 – 200 x 160 x 170 mm, Glass, wood, foam, horn
Lingam 10 – 360 x 300 x 170 mm, Glass, wood, foam, malachite
min-association is a group of three jewellery makers that decided to join their strength and motivate each other within the field of artistic jewellery. The three studied together at the Gerrit Rietveld Academy in Amsterdam and graduated between 2007 and 2008. They enjoy to stay connected despite the fact that they don’t always live in the same country. With this exhibition they will show their joy of communication.
at Weteringschans 151
open thursday-sunday 14:00-20:00
* students of Gerrit Rietveld’s Jewellery Department
on different location throughout the city of Amsterdam:
- Sieraad Art fair: opening on the 4th. of November: 2am – 9pm
- Rietveld Uncut at De Brakke Grond: 12th of November from 7 – 11pm & 13th of November from 1am – 11pm
The first thing you see when you arrive in Amsterdam Schiphol is a huge poster with a woman showing her bare breast. ‘Sex Sells’ is an overused concept. Students of the Jewelry Department Het Sieraad of the Gerrit Rietveld Academie use this principle to show their work. They made collages combining pornography with their jewelry pieces. The explicit character of the pornography is transformed into a new image; a dialogue between body and jewel.
“xxx Jewels”, is a jewelry presentation in form of posters and a magazine.
The posters will be spread around the city during the time of the festival. The magazine is for sale and will be shown at the different locations of the B-side Festival; it also will be presented at the opening of the jewelry fair Sieraad, the 4th. of November between 2am and 9pm.
* Claire Baloge & Monika Zampa : “Stalagmite & Stalactite”
at 19 Pieter Jacobszstraat, (near Nes), Amsterdam
Open Thursday 18.00 – 21.00, Friday 14.00 – 20.00,
Saturday 14.00 – 20.00, Sunday 14.00 – 18.00
We invite the public to enter our private space, “cave”, where they can discover our personal world. Where not only jewellery is growing but also other forms and shapes of artistic expression take place. It is a continuous process of growth, like stalagmites and stalactites.
* “Valuables – the weight of ideas”
* Ursula Guttmann : “What Waiters Wear”
at Café de Jaren
Nieuwe Doelenstraat 20-22, Amsterdam
Relax with a cup of coffee at the great Café de Jaren and look at the jewellery objects worn by the waiters there.
Ursula Guttmann – ‘tatoo’
‘Container Sweetie’ – Latex, Nylon; latex, nylon, 2000 ( Photo: E. Grebe)